NAAMA Foundation Board of Trustees
- Hassan Fehmi, MD, Chair
- Mahmoud Aqel, MD, Treasurer/Secretary
- Omar Lattouf, MD, Trustee
- Nabil Khoury, MD, Trustee
- Mouhanad Hammami, MD, Trustee
- Khawla Suleiman- Qafiti, MD, Trustee
- Imad Sabbagh, DDS, NAAMA President
- Nahidh Hasaniya, MD, PhD, Vice president
- Imad Shbeeb, MD, NAAMA Past President
NAAMA Foundation Initiatives
A glimpse of NAAMA Foundation’s Activities:
- Iraqi Health Initiative, Iraq 1991
- Wheelchairs for Diabetic Amputees, Egypt 1998
- Clinical Laboratory at University of Balamand, Lebanon 2000
- Burn Unit at Makassed Hospital, Jerusalem 2000
- Emergency Room in Ramallah, West Bank 2000
- ACCESS Health and Research Center, Dearborn, MI 2000
- Burn unit at Rafidia Hospital, Nablus 2002
- Children’s Cancer Project and Fellowship, Egypt 2003
- Milk for Preschoolers (with ANERA), West Bank & Gaza 2003
- Training of Syrian Medical Professionals (with PFP), 2003
- Humanitarian Missions to the West Bank (with PFP), 2003 – 2007
- Post War Trauma in Children, Lebanon 2004
- Nutrition in Children Living in Refugee Camps, Lebanon 2004
- Iraqi refugee health screening (with ACCESS), 2004
- Katrina & Rita Aid, Houston 2005
- Tsunami Relief, 2005
- ACLS & PALS Certification Courses, West Bank, 2006
- ACLS & PALS Certification Courses, Amman, Jordan 2006
- Pakistan earthquake, 2006
- Lebanese Red Cross Aid, 2006
- Mother and Child Hospital, Beirut, Lebanon 2006
- Ajialouna Dental Program, Lebanon 2006
- Clinical Skills Simulation Lab, Schools of Medicine & Nursing, Aleppo, Syria 2007
- National Diabetes Center (with JF, PFP) in Al Bierh, 2007
- Gaza Medical Relief, 2009
- Ambulances to the Syrian Red Crescent, 2011
- Humanitarian Medical Missions to Syrian Refugee Camps, 2012 – 2017
NAAMA Foundation Dispersed Grants 2022
- $10,000 COVID-19 in MENA Region Research, policy, public health, and clinical practices conference.
- $15,000 Keys for Syrian Kids Support UNICEF's project for Syrian kids' education.
- $10,000 UNRWA Scholarship 1 year education expenses for 10 Palestinian refugee medical students.
- $10,000 ANERA Blood Bank, Gaza Purchase 3 refrigerators and one air conditioning units.
NAAMA Foundation Dispersed Grants 2021
- A $16,500 grant to ANERA to support its project Reserve Osmosis System At Amal Hospital In Gaza. The money will pay for a system to provide potable water to the hospital in Gaza.
- A $15,000 grant to UNICEF to support its Self-Learning Program in Syria. The program will benefit the Syrian kids inside of Syria and in the refugee camps.
- A $10,000 grant to Taskforce for Better Health initiative by NAAMA. The goal is to form a taskforce of decision-making parties in New York city (governmental, nonprofit, health/education Org…) to plan for preventing future health problems and ways to help the vulnerable communities.
- A $10,000 grant to ANERA to support its program Emergency Medical Response in Gaza. The grant will cover the expenses of shipping medical supplies from the US to Gaza.
- A $10,000 grant to ANERA to support the Installation of a Solar Panel Energy System at the Central Blood Bank Society in Gaza.
AL AQSA EMERGENCY APPEAL 2021
NAAMA Foundation dispersed Grants 2020
Grants dispersed to combat Coronavirus Impact in USA and the Arab World During 2020:
- A $5,000 grant to Questscope in Syria to help in their efforts to assist over two million internally displaced persons to secure, food, shelter and sanitation.
- A $10,000 grant to ANERA to support medical institutions’ response to the COVID-19 pandemic in the Gaza Strip.
- A $10,000 grant to ANERA to support a youth jobs program in Lebanon that is focused on the production of masks for use by Syrian, Palestinian and Lebanese in vulnerable communities.
- A $20,000 grant to support merit and need-based scholarships for three Arab- American medical students and one Arab-American dental student, as part of NAAMA’s NextGen initiative.
- A $10,000 grant to the Arab-American Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS) in Dearborn, Michigan to support 800 refugee families in Southeastern Michigan who have been impacted by the economic crisis. ACCESS is providing food support, help to find jobs, and other social services.
- A $10,000 grant to the Arab American Family Services (AAFS) in Illinois to support their project “AAFS COVID-19” aiming to offset the negative effect of the Coronavirus in the South Suburban Chicagoland area.
- A $10,000 to support Amel Association International, a Lebanese organization that works in the refugee camps, to support their project “Amel’s Response to COVID-19: Screening Mobile Unit”.
NAAMA Foundation Donations 2020
NAAMA is proud to announce the donation and shipment of 81 hemodialysis machines (80 Fresinius 2008T and 1 Fresinius 2008K dialysis machine) to Lebanon that were donated by Greenfield Health Systems. The total donation is worth approximately $243,000.
NAAMA Foundation provided the packaging and shipping costs. Life for Relief and Development facilitated the shipment and export-related paperwork. The American Near East Refugee Aid (ANERA) received the machines. They are currently at the Lebanese American University Medical Center in Beirut.
NAAMA and NAAMA Foundation are grateful for our donors and supporters who have made this gift of life possible.
NAAMA Beirut Emergency Appeal
NAAMA Beirut Emergency Appeal has exceeded its target goal. Thanks to our generous donors, NAAMA was able to send $120,000 to the Lebanese Red Cross to help alleviate some of the suffering caused by Beirut Port explosion on August 4, 2020.