Live a Healthy Life
Ways to improve your health and promote the importance of healthy eating and physical activity to help prevent the prevalence of obesity.
How to lead a healthy lifestyle
- Healthy eating is the most significant factor in a lifestyle and has a direct and positive correlation with health
- Decreases the risk of chronic diseases (heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.)
- Consume a couple servings of fruits and vegetables each day
- Avoid excessive sugar, carbohydrate, and salt loads
- Choose whole-grain products such as whole-wheat bread, brown rice, quinoa
- Choose lean meats, fish, beans, and lentils
- Be cautious of calorie intake
Be active each day
- Physical activity is very important for a healthy body and mind
- Make time during the day for at least 30 minutes of physical activity
- Take part in sports, walking, running, riding a bicycle, swimming, aerobic exercise, outdoor gardening, etc.
Mander, Tony. “Better Life Better Health – Lifestyle and Diet for a Healthy Future.” Philosophy of the Social Sciences, 28 Nov. 2012, journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1258/mi.2012.012041.
Chan, Ruth S.M, and Jean Woo. “Prevention of Overweight and Obesity: How Effective Is the Current Public Health Approach.” National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Mar. 2010, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2872299/.
Davis, Charles. “Healthy Living: Tips, Facts, Ideas, and Tools for Success.” MedicineNet, www.medicinenet.com/healthy_living/article.htm